In other news, although you may have had your share of prompts the past four weeks, we couldn't resist just one more... Our free-for-all this week is a Moth-based writing prompt: a little research, a little examinaiton, a little poetry. Here's what you are invited to do:
- Choose an insect: a moth would be great, but there are so many more! ladybug, ant, beetle, stink bug...
- Google your insect. Gather all the information you can: names of body parts, full-color photos, mating habits, gestation periods, habitat, folk lore... Pull together every bit of information you can about your chosen insect.
- After you have all your information, write a poem from the viewpoint of the insect.
- Stuck? Need some inspiration? Try starting your poem with "When I was a..." or "I am a..."
- Of course, as with all of our prompts, these are just suggestions. And this is just a free-for-all. So, as long as your poem is insect related, anything goes. Post a link to your poem all week long. Come back Sunday to see what new poet and new poem we have chosen for the next month's discussion.