Well, it's week four in our poem cycle, time for some fun. Why don't we try a smorgasbord? Pick one and report back with your results!
1. write a poem about a person, place or thing without naming the person, place or thing.
2. find another poem about a name and tell us about it.
3. write a name acrostic--that is, a poem which spells out something in the first letter of each line. ex:
Joy for mothers
is seldom found
(first letter of each line spells out my name, Jill.) yes. i know it's a lame poem. i'm kind of tired.
4. write a list poem of all the names you wish you'd had, all the names you've been called, the names of all the personalities you have, etc...
5. write a poem under a psudonym. that is, write a poem from a view point or a voice you would not normally write in, or about a subject you would not normally write about. sort of an anti-you poem.
6. send the poem you wrote about your name to the people who named you.
7. engage in any other creative poetry outlet you feel so inclined to enjoy!
There's a new poem/new poet next month, so stay tuned! And, as always, thank you, everyone, for participating!